On 5/25/22 05:30, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Mi., 25. Mai 2022 um 11:51 Uhr schrieb Joseph Hesse <joe.he...@actcx.com>:

    I want the citation to look something like "Smith [5]" where the
    author's name appears in the citation.  I don't have a citation style
    available  (Insert->Citation) that allows this, the best I can do is
    just "[5]".  How can I get "Smith [5]"?

My latex preamble has \usepackage{biblatex}.

Remove this, not needed (and this causes the clash you get).

    In "Document->Settings->Bibliography" I have Style = Biblatex and
    Variant =
Author-number.

Also select a numeric citation style such as "numeric" (and the matching bibliography style).

See attached MWE.

HTH,
Jürgen

    Joe

-- lyx-users mailing list
    lyx-users@lists.lyx.org

Thank you for your reply.

I duplicated what you had in the MWE.  My document settings are now "Biblatex, Author-number, numeric, numeric". When I do a citation I only get 3 choices for the citation style, "[#ID], Add to bibliography only, Key only".  In your MWE you had more choices, including the one I am trying to get.
I don't know what I am missing.
Thank you,
Joe