On 27/06/2022 17:46, Rich Shepard wrote:
Here, the default LyX template directory is /usr/share/lyx/templates. I have some templates in ~/.lyx/templates/. If I move the latter to the former will
I lose them in an upgrade?

TIA,

Rich

I am not sure about losing them when upgrading.

But you could also do it the other way around: move all the templates you need to your user directory and then change the default template path (in Preferences > Paths).

In the next mayor version (2.4), LyX will show both user and system templates in one dialog, so you can just put your own ones in the user directory and leave the system ones where they are.

Daniel