On 08/07/2022 16:31, Herbert Voss wrote:

Am 08.07.22 um 11:56 schrieb Daniel:
On 08/07/2022 08:38, kzsta...@gmail.com wrote:
Van: lyx-users <lyx-users-boun...@lists.lyx.org> Namens tush via lyx-users
MS Word has a useful tool called "Show/Hide". According to the documentation (link at the bottom), "The Show/Hide ¶ button turns hidden characters like spaces, paragraph markers, or tab marks on and off." I am looking for a similar tool or feature in LyX. Can any one point it out for me? I couldn't find it.

I think LyX only has a toggle for end of paragraph markers: Tools / Preferences / Look & Feel / Display / Mark end of paragraphs

It makes no sense to mark the spaces because it has a different meaning for
MS Word and TeX, e.g. 7 spaces is the same as 1 space for TeX

But LyX is not a TeX source editor. And it can happen in LyX that a *single* space is hard to see. It is explained in the enhancement request I referenced below. (Furthermore, there are environments, even in plain TeX that accept more than one space such as verbatim.)

There is also an enhancement request for spaces:

https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11435

But it hasn't gotten much love yet. You could chime in there with your ideas.

Daniel