On Mon, 8 Aug 2022, Rich Shepard wrote:

Is there a way to do this using a package that adds another environment to
the top-level set that includes Standard, Quotation, Quote, etc.? Or is
there a better way to do this?

I've found a pragmatic solution ... which has its own question.

I can mark cited regulations as unnumbered sections, subsections,
subsubsections, paragraphs, and subparagraphs. See mwe.pdf attached.

My question is whether I can indent the subsubparagraphs (a. through
whatever). The regulation is formatted that way and some agency staff insist
that submitted reports be formatted the same way. If there's not a way to
indent these sections and their compliance responses I'll go with what I
have and see what happens.

Regards,

Rich