On 2022-08-18 17:44, Rich Shepard wrote:
Also, it points to

"C:/home/rshepard/projects/washington/gotch/docs/gotch-site-plan.pdf"

Doubtful as I defenestrated in 1997 and have run only linux ever since.

I guess it is

/home/rshepard/projects/washington/gotch/docs/gotch-site-plan.pdf

on your system and LyX added the "C:".

The test .lyx location should be changed to whereever it is on someone else's
system since I've no idea where it would be located so lyx could find it.

That is what relative paths are for, so you do not need to rely on people having to change things. If you really need to add an extra file to a mwe, just put in in the same directory and use a relative path to it, i.e. just the filename in this case rather than the absolute path.

Daniel