On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 at 22:02, Гаража Илья <garazha.i...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello!
> I tried to compile a new 2.3.7 version of the Lyx on Ubuntu 22.04. But i
> have no idea why this error message appear. There is config.log.
>
> My main reason why I try to compiling, but not using apt-get install, is
> that Lyx doesn't enable me to use Russian spellchecker (hunspell). But I
> know that hunspell is installed correctly. That's why I want to compile it
> manually (using "--with-included-hunspell" flag).
>
> It would be great to get help about troubleshooting or persons who can
> help me with.

Hello Гаража,

I just installed LyX 2.3.6 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS using apt and the standard
package repository.  Initially I could not work out how to use hunspell,
but I eventually discovered the following fix that worked for me:

       cd /usr/share/enchant-2
       cp enchant.ordering enchant.ordering_orig
       emacs enchant.ordering
       diff enchant.ordering_orig enchant.ordering
         2,5c2,5
         < en_AU:aspell,hunspell,nuspell
         < en_CA:aspell,hunspell,nuspell
         < en_GB:aspell,hunspell,nuspell
         < en_US:aspell,hunspell,nuspell
         ---
         > en_AU:hunspell,aspell,nuspell
         > en_CA:hunspell,aspell,nuspell
         > en_GB:hunspell,aspell,nuspell
         > en_US:hunspell,aspell,nuspell

This change gives hunspell a higher precedence than aspell, so it's used by
LyX.

Also, in Tools > Preferences > Language Settings > Spellchecker, set the
"Spellcheck engine" to "Enchant".

Paul