> Le 6 mars 2023 à 15:28, Maria Gouskova <gousk...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> If these .lyx~ files bother you, you could add the following to your .bashrc
> file:
>
> alias dellyx='find . -name "*.lyx~" -delete'
>
> Then, with a Terminal window open, type "dellyx" at the $ prompt, and all the
> .lyx~ files in that directory and all its subdirectories will be deleted.
> (Obviously, only do this when you're sure that you won't need any of the
> backups.)
>
> Maria

Hmm... Makes sense.

I used to do that by putting all the .lyx~ in my dedicated /backup directory,
and emptying it periodically. But then, regular files from various directories
happen to have the same name, so the corresponding .lyx~ files would get
overwritten.

So, your advice is probably smarter. I’ll follow it!

> On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 4:26 AM Jürgen Spitzmüller <jspi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am Montag, dem 06.03.2023 um 10:20 +0100 schrieb Daniel CLEMENT via
> lyx-users:
> > My bad
>
> Not at all. It is not very obvious which backup strategies LyX has and
> what all the diverse backup and emergency files are for.
>
> We have thus added a bit of explanation in the User Guide for LyX 2.4.
>
> Best,
> --
> Jürgen
> --