On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 10:33:31AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> > I want to use lyx to write/format a questionnaire. I want it to have blank
> > lines like: ... And checkboxes, like: ...
> > In addition, how can I enter a blank line? (Right now, I am using
> > "standard" and when I press RETURN it just stays at the begining of the
> > same empty line.)
> >
> > Does lyx offer any tools for this?

I've done this sort of this.

I used Control-Space to space everything, then use the Character Layout
to underline groups of these hard spaces. That provided me with the
blank spaces for answers.

I then used bullets (changing the bullets to boxes through the document
layout menus) for multiple choice questions. When I needed the boxes
side by side I put them in by making a box in an eps file and adding
them as inline graphics.

Gross mis-use of the paradigm, but it works! ;-)

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan                   | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.            | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena