Am Tue, 14 Mar 2023 15:59:03 +0000
schrieb Christian Obst <christian_o...@posteo.de>:

> Yes, I did!
>
> Am 14. März 2023 11:38:31 GMT-04:00 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck
> <rikih...@gmail.com>:
> >On 3/13/23 22:58, Christian Obst wrote:
> >> Hello fellow LyX users,
> >>
> >> I installed EBGaramond via TexLive's tlmgr. I also have old documents
> >> (correct font, looks great).
> >>
> >> However, in the Document settings, EBGaramond is shown as "Not
> >> installed."
> >
> >Did you Tools > Reconfigure after installing the new font?
> >
> >Riki

Since EBGaramond is in texlive, you have to make it known to your system too.
To verify try
        $ fc-list | egrep -i garamond
If no output, so your system does not know about garamond.

Making texlive fonts known (on uubuntu) do
  # sudo ln -s ../conf.avail/09-texlive-fonts.conf
/etc/fonts/conf.d/09-texlive-fonts.conf
  # sudo cp `kpsewhich -var-value
TEXMFSYSVAR`/fonts/conf/texlive-fontconfig.conf \
  /etc/fonts/conf.avail/09-texlive-fonts.conf

        Kornel