On Fri, 31 Mar 2023, William R. Buckley wrote:

More to the point, I never thought that the original post had anything to
do with recompilation of the LyX product.

Bill,

It's long been understood that email communications more easily are
misinterpreted than oral communications. We know what we mean when we write
something, but readers process it through their own experiences and don't
always grok what we wrote.

I don't recall seeing my response when the first message was the only one in
the thread, but I suggested using git separate from lyx. For that matter I
suspect that I've not been aware of a version control system built into lyx
despite the years I've used it.

Regards,

Rich