Thanks.  The old style numbers appear somewhat strange at first glance, i agree. I copied them from the original Didot fonts from about 1810.  I also stumbled over the numbers at the beginning, but only at the beginning. The four is quite big, for example.

There are also parallel (default) and mono spaced numbers.  You can switch the style by inserting a tex-box:

\addfontfeatures{Numbers={Lining, Monospaced}}

\addfontfeatures{Numbers={OldStyle}}

That's also the reason I use realscripts, because footnote numbers in "old style" look strange. But for usual text I'm quite happy with the old style numbers (e. g. page 16). They do not stand out at all, while normal numerals look like a block of capital letters. Anyway, the fonts are hardly made for long series of numbers. There are much better ones.

My plan was to have a legible font (print and pdf), but not a variant of Bembo, Garamond or Times, for example, because TexLive has really good fonts of that kind.