On 4/18/23 12:19, John White wrote:

Thanks Paul,

I don't see a  "Apply to current session only" warning. However I can write to the preferences file.

However, I learned that while the lyx doc is open, ALT + or Alt - works great, so I will just do that until I figure out the problem (which is there is no "save" option on the screen when adjusting screen fonts).

John

That's very odd. On my system, all the Tools > Preferences dialogs have the same frame, including buttons at the bottom labeled "Restore", "OK", "Apply" and "Close", along with a check box labeled "Apply to current session only". Could you post a screenshot of the preferences dialog you get? It may indicate a bug (or maybe something funky about Qt on your system?).

Paul