On Wed, 7 Jun 2023, Herbert Voss wrote:

you are using the for long time deprecated font commands like \sc. I
suppose that they are part of your created bbl file and therefore defined
in the style file of bibtex.

Herbert,

Yes, this document was started a long time ago.

enabledeprecatedfontcommands
you can allow KOMAScript to use these old commands. However, changing
it to the correct LaTeX commands would make sense: \scĀ  -> \scshape

Do I make those changes in the .lyx file? Newer documents use the current
font specifiers and allow me to set biblatex as the processor. I do not find
where to make these changes as they're not in the Document -> Settings ->
Bibliography dialog box or in Settings -> Preamble.

Where do I update older documents to match the newer ones?

Regards,

Rich