Am 30.06.23 um 05:09 schrieb Dan:
Both the LaTeX and pdf files are attached.  (Ignore the text: it needs a lot of work!)

This is a simple problem, I'm sure, but I just can't get it to render right.

I have an article I'm adding an image to as a float and I have attached a label to it.

The first problem is that it comes up as Figure 0.1.  I'll eventually be putting this into a section, so how can I put this as Figure 1.1?  How can I get this to put the section number correctly?

Then I add a sentence (see the very end of the text) "(See Figure .)"  I add in a cross-reference to the label "Figure 1."  Okay, but the figure number does not come in, and I wanted to enumerate this, in case I wanted to add another figure in front of this one.  How do I do the enumeration?

Don't use the modul for sectionwise image count:
Documents->Preferences->Modules

or define a section.

Herbert