On 2023-09-24 20:20, Dan via lyx-users wrote:

24 de set. de 2023, 3:25 per xraco...@gmx.de:

On 2023-09-23 21:09, Daniel wrote:

On 2023-09-23 18:50, Dan via lyx-users wrote:

Is there a way to delete an outline entry? A right-click on the entry does
not offer that option and the delete key removes characters in the
chapter/section title, not the chapter/section itself.

I do not see any way of accomplishing this via the GUI, but it can be done by
means of the command interpreter with a pair of commands.

Say you want to delete section 2.2 of your document
    1. Place the cursor at the title of section 2.2.
    2. Issue in the command interpreter "section-select". This will select the
whole section 2.2.
    3. To delete the entire section, then enter this command:
"char-delete-forward". This will erase the whole section.

These steps work for any kind of sectioning (division of the text
hierarchycally): parts, chapters, paragraphs, etc. You could even customize
your UI file to bind these pair of commands to a button in the toolbars.

I was about to suggest to add a "Delete Section" menu entry to the TOC context
menu. But that doesn't work for some reason and I am not sure why.

In any case, such a (working) menu entry should probably be available.

Daniel

Maybe there is some kind of cursor update missing after the "section-select"
command?

command-sequence section-select;char-delete-forward

apparently works fine when the cursor is already in the heading but not when
executed merely from the context-menu.

Daniel

Apparently the command "char-delete-forward" (and its twin "char-delete-backward") is
"forbidden" in that location. Thus, adding the item
      "Delete Section|e" "command-sequence section-select; char-delete-forward"
to stdcontext.inc does not work, by design.

Try it by yourself with the debugging category "action" enabled in the messages
pane (View > Messages Pane). Otherwise, see the debug messages attached.

It may be possible, but I do not know how.

Daniel.
--
Enviat amb Tutanota.

What works is to add a context-menu entry to the "context-edit" menu.

I don't know whether it is really by design that it does not work from the outline. A command being disabled is often dependent on a rather coarse condition. It might still be just an oversight.

In any case, it seems non-ideal that the command cannot be executed from the outline.

Daniel