Am 17.10.2023 um 10:16 schrieb Pavel Sanda:>> When finished, you need to override the conflicted file with the generated
changes1.lyx file, close the LyX window and confirm to git that the merge
was successful.

I think it would be quite easy to enhance our lfuns, so this last "override
the conflicted file with the generated changes1.lyx file" is also automatic.
Maybe it's possible even now with command-sequence lfun?

Thank you for pointing me at command-sequence LFUN. I tried to automate it with command-sequence of comparing, then executing save as (buffer-write-as) but it didn't work. probably because the comparison is asynchronous, the buffer-write-as fails, logging that no document was open.

A parameter for the destination file name would be a great thing.
I am happy to create an account for you if there is an interest.

Yes, definitely. You may use my name as username. Maybe it's easiest if you set a temporary password and email it to me (i suppose there is a possibility to change your password in TRAC).

BTW beware that comparison function in LyX is not without issues:
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9395
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9048
https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6889

Yes, already read that it's not perfect. Will add a hint when including the instructions into the Wiki.