On 10/26/23 13:13, Rich Shepard wrote:

Speaking of which, if you go to ~/.lyx/templates, you should see a file
named defaults.lyx. That's your default starting document. All else
failing, try creating an empty doc with the Report class, saving it to
/tmp with the name defaults.lyx, and then moving it over to the templates
directory.

Okay. I didn't look in templates, but there the textclass is set to
scrreport so I cannot explain why a new doc comes up as scrbook.

Oh, well. I'll cope with it. :-)

Many thanks,

Rich
You might try "grep template_path ~/.lyx/preferences" and make sure that your template directory is correctly set (~/.lyx/templates). If LyX is looking for templates in the wrong place, that might explain why it's defaulting to the wrong class.

You sure know how to have fun!

Paul