On 2023-12-31 21:59, Paul Rubin wrote:

On 12/31/23 13:08, Blake McBride wrote:
Greetings,

I am using LyX 2.3.7 on a Linux box.  I have some text in which I'd like to use the straight, type-writer-like single quote instead of a curved one.  I tried adding the TeX code \texttt{'} but that didn't work.  I then went into Document / Settings / Fonts and played with the Typewriter setting.  That changed the quiet but I never got the straight single quote I am looking for.  Sure appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Blake

One option is to add "\usepackage{textcomp}" to the document preamble and then put "\textquotesingle{}" in ERT where you want the straight quote.

Paul

"\usepackage{textcomp}" seems to be unnecessary. I guess the "\textquotesingle{}" should be accessible via Insert > Formatting in LyX. Maybe someone likes to file an enhancement report. (I feel like I have filled my quota already.)

Daniel