I am using 2.3.7 on (14.2.1 Intel and Silicon) and 12.7.2 (Intel) using
Homebrew's basictex (with a little script to save the
(additionally) installed packages before and re-installing them after
upgrade) and do all my presentations in beamer.

I do not use inkscape but rsvg-convert from (Homebrew's) librsvg, which
I feel is quicker. It is found by the (Re-)Configure process if
installed.

I have no issues whatsoever with the current setup.

el

On 10/01/2024 20:03, mark salmon wrote:
[...]
> everything appears to now be working perfectly thanks again Anders. I
> have the same set up now as you described you have and all is working
> ok in Beamer as well- phew! I have no problems with slowness- I think
> this might have to do with Mac OS 14+ requiring more from the
> machine- if it is underpowered for OS 14 then everything demanding -
> not just Lyx slows down. touch wood! thanks again Anders! A presto,
> Mark
[...]