Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded LyX to v2.4-RC1. Previously, I was using v2.4-beta3
without problems. However, ever since v2.4-RC1, I have failed to open all
my LyX documents previously created under beta 3, showing me the "LyX
cannot open OLDER version of documents" error. Right now, I cannot seem to
locate the beta 3 installer from anywhere, so I went back to v2.3.7 from
the official website, but got the "LyX cannot open newer versions of
documents" error for those documents. I am stuck in between v2.4-RC1 and
v2.3.7.

I cannot understand why the newer version 2.4-RC1 cannot open an older
version:

~/Documents/example.lyx is from an older version of LyX and the lyx2lyx
script failed to convert it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven