Am Mittwoch, dem 08.05.2024 um 21:33 +0300 schrieb matan guedj:
> In using the latest version of LyX (2.3.7) when I insert an ERT
> environment inside a preview, and all of that inside a table cell the
> output on the lyx file takes a huge part of the page-length preview
> of the ERT inside LyX file (I can't fit it all in the screen)
> the code inside ERT environment
> but the compiled file actually handles it correctly as you can see in
> the pic here the compiled output

I observe the very same with math insets when the preselected output is
with *PDF (luatex)*, but not with pdflatex or xetex. To reproduce, open
a document, document > settings > output > preselected output
PDF(luatex), insert some text and math, close document and open again.
Previews takes up huge space and make work uncomfortable. Remedy /
workaround: Choose output xetex or pdflatex. This is with LyX 2.3.7 and
2.4.0~RC4 on Ubuntu 22.04.4 with

lualatex --version
This is LuaHBTeX, Version 1.18.0 (TeX Live 2024)
Development id: 7611

Tobias