On 5/29/24 16:41, Brian Kneller via lyx-users wrote:
Hi

I am using book standard class and am installing chapters from MS Word and PDF graphics into LyX. I have hyperlinks generated between the figures list, TOC and Bibliography in the standard class without *hyperref *being available. The options I have tried in Docs>Settings> PDF Props seem to work and *hyperref *is made available**through the “Use hyperref Support” option. I have not installed any new document cross refs yet in LyX as they, and the Bibliography refs already exist for manual cross referencing. I would like to automate cross reference access using *hyperref* and the existing cross ref ID.  I understand this is automatic when creating them in LyX, however I have been unable to find a feature to enable the document reader to return from an accessed cross reference back to the point of calling or have I missed the obvious?

For citations, I think there is a backref option to hyperref. Check the hyperref manual. But I don't think there is a general setting for other kinds of cross-references. It might be that some PDF readers would do the right thing on "Back", but that would be up to the program.

Separate issue: after generating a PDF from source I sometimes get errors and some of these quote a line number of large value which does not reference the source file, or is it the error log and in which case how can I enumerate the lines please?

You should be able to click on the error message, and it will take you to the right place in the LyX file. But this is a bit tricky, and sometimes we're off by a few lines.

Riki