I am looking into submitting an article to the "Journal of Algorithms  which prefers
that
its submissions use  the class file  "ajour.cls" which can be downloaded from
"Academic Press" and which is used  by  dozens of journals.

Is there a  "ajour.layout" file to use with this class?

If not then I will probably create one.  If I do I would like to release it to
the lyx community. Since I have only created one .layout file before
(cccg.layout for the Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry 2000)
I expect that my  ajour.layout file would probably not be as clean as it should
be.

Could anyone volunteer to clean up my file before I release it?

If there are reasons why I should not try to create
such a file I would like to hear them.
I don't want to spend time on this unless it is
a good idea.

Hope you can help me and if not I hope I can help you.

Ralph Boland