>>Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 01:27:40 +0300
>>From: Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: Adolfo Pachón <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, LyX users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: About Lyx & RTF Format
users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 12:56:51PM +0200, Adolfo Pachón wrote:
>>> a) If I Export Lyx to Latex and try "latex2rtf my_tex_file.tex", system
>>> says: ERROR ...-> and no RTF file is obtained.
>>> b) If I delete the lines about Lyx in the exported .tex file,..., I OBTAIN
>>> AN RTF FILE!!
>>>

>>> Can someone explain to me this?
>>
>>The does a bad job of parsing the tex file.
>>Try updating your version of latex2rtf (get the latest version from
>>http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22654)
>>
>>> Can someone suggest to me the most efficient method (or program) for the
>>> conversion from Lyx to RTF, or from Latex to RTF?
>>
>>You can either use latex2rtf or ltx2rtf (ftp://ftp.lps.u-psud.fr/pub/ltx2rtf/)
>>I did some testing and ltx2rtf seems to work better.
>>
>>Note that if your purpose is to create a file that is readable by MSWord,
>>you can just create a HTML file.

You loose the structure this way, every header is translated
in the same style (among other things).
The import/export from MSWord towards HTML has destructive features:
 - exporting translates styles as font instructions instead of HTML tags,
 - importing doesn't use styles
Some parts are well translated however (bibliography, figure, tables)
so the hacking of the structure can be done quickly (if needed).
For formulas the only way I know is ltx2rtf.
If you have figures, don't forget to « break the links » (which means
that you put the images in the document instead of kkeping them as links,
cannot be moved without loosing them.

--
Jean-Pierre