On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 02:33:42PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Bryan J. Smith writes:
>  > Several people have informed me that pdftex _does_ do PDF
>  > bookmarking and suggested I check out some more recently releases.
> it has done for many years. your 13d should do it
Yes, it does.

>  > A simple "-version" on my RedHat 7.1 system reveals that I'm using
>  > "pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.13d" which is part of RedHat's tetex
>  > 1.0.7-15 RPM.  I take it that is dated?
> yes. dont trust redhat an inch.

So who is it who decides what goes into the tetex package?
pdftex is part of that, and the tetex package is version 1.0.7-15 on
RedHat 7.1

>  > seems to be "dated."  [ At this point, I'm starting to get the
>  > feeling you TeX gurus "roll your own" TeX subsystem? ;-P ]
> I do, and publish it for everyone else too... (TeXLive)

Which you have to be a member of TUG to get, don't you?

>  > Ack, maybe it's time I left my "LyX crutch" and move to full-up TeX
>  > editing (via GViM or other syntax highlighting editor).  I always
> emacs, please...

(rolls eyes) Oh, please, no religious disputes about editors!

Kathryn Andersen
 Avon:  So you're going to kill me?
Tynus:  It's nothing personal.
 Avon:  [Smiles] I shall try not to hold it against you.
                                                (Blake's 7: Killer [B7])
--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/      \    |   <http://www.katspace.com>