> Because I use their distro only seldom. If the KDE people would use proper
> C++ I'd probably have come to that decision much earlier due to the support
> for that other toolkit...

Why not rewrite lyx with qt ( http://www.trolltech.com ) : it would run on
windows "natively" (lyx + cygwin can't be compared to any other professional
windows application), on macOsX, and all the X11-unixes.
And beleive me, as a project manager, I ported my software to Qt a year ago (in 5
month), and qt is really cool and easy. You get a very nice InterfaceBuilder,
multiplatform code and makefiles... now I spend my time adding and improving
features, not fighting X and Motif.

Olivier Tubach

http://www.trolltech.com/references/focus/qtfocus5.html