Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your suggestions concerning Duplex printing. I really
appreciate the help.

By various diagnostic tests I finally narrowed the problem down to my printer
driver (Mandrake 8.0). So I went into the printer configuration and
discovered that I had not told the printer configuration that my hp4050 had
the duplex accessory :-). (I don my duncecap now)

I created a second printer, called lp_duplex, where not only is the duplexer
accessory acknowledged, but duplex (long edge) is turned on. Now anything
printed to lp_duplex comes out duplexed, while anything to lp comes out 1
sided.

Your help was wonderful. An Internet search revealed that this same question
is being asked all over the net. In the future if any of you have duplexing
problems, I'll try to help you.

Thanks everyone!

Steve

--