>>From: "Saalfeld, Christoph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: "LyX-Users (E-Mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Chaptermark in headings without number
>>Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:31:11 +0200
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've configured my headings (fancy) to display a graphical logo of my
>>university an the current chapter. This works fine (thanks to Herbert's
>>Homepage), and I've inserted the assertion at the end of my document before
>>bibliography and index.
>>I've used Lyx's Chapter* template and added the entry to the TOC manually by
>>entering "\addcontentsline ...."
>>No problem so far. Now I'd like to have this chapter displayed in my
>>heading. Without entering "\chaptermark{eidesstattliche Erklärung}" the
>>previous chapter/appendix is shown in heading. By entering the above LaTeX
>>command it is displayed but with number of the previous chapter number in
>>front, e.g. the if the previous chapter was "B. Quellen", the heading
>>appears as "B. eidesstattliche Erklärung".
>>But Bibliography and Index appear as "Literaturverzeichnis" and "Index". How
>>do _they_ do this ?
>>
>>Christoph

Here what I use in the preamble to redefine the chaptermark (twosided doc)

\renewcommand{\chaptermark}[1]{
\markboth{\textsc{\thechapter.\ #1}}}
\renewcommand{\sectionmark}[1]{
\markright{\textsc{\thesection\ #1}}}

I guess that removing \thechapter will remobe the B...

As for the logo (e,g, mylogo.eps), be sure to define a command:

\newsavebox{\mylogo}
\savebox{\mylogo}{\includegraphics[width=20mm]{mylogo}}

and use \mylogo in the heading command.
In this way, the eps in loaded once and you will prevent conflicts
if you use plain verbatims across several pages.

--
Jean-Pierre