On Saturday 15 September 2001 09:43, Praedor Tempus wrote:
> I seem to recall seeing some question about this previously but cannot
> truly recall.  How does one do a word count on a lyx document?

I do about 10 wordcounts a day to track my progress on my book (44081 words
at present time). I jam the wordcount into a log, once again to track
progress. My script first adds to the log, then prints the log so I can see
my progress for the day.

Here's the shellscript:

LOGFILE="/data/books/newbook/xwc.log"

TEMP1=`grep -v "^[\]" /data/books/newbook/xtp.lyx | grep -v "^#L yX 1.1" |
grep -v "^$"  | wc`

TEMP2=`date +"%Y/%m/%d  @  %H:%M:%S"`

echo "$TEMP2   : $TEMP1" >> $LOGFILE

cat $LOGFILE