Well, it now appears that I cannot do my figures at all in linux, which
sucks.  At this point it looks like I will be forced to go to windows or the
mac to do this right.

I am using lyx and kontour, up to now, to make my figures for a paper I am
working on.  I export kontour files to eps and viola!  Cropped all to useless
hell.  No matter what I do to the figure in kontour, no matter what I do to
the bounding box numbers in the eps file itself, my figures are cropped to
unusability.

The postscript version of the figures are fine.  Going to eps, which is what
the journals I will submit to require/accept renders the figures into crap.

What is wrong with the linux way of doing eps that doesn't appear to affect
windoze or the mac?

praedor