>>Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:56:20 +0200
>>From: Tomer Altman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: A front page, page numbering, copy+paste questions.
>>
>>What is the best way to make a front page to a document in LyX?
>>Meaning, to have a part which holds it's own page, while the rest of the
>>document is on the next pages. If I just put it one after another, it
>>doesn't give it space (obviously) and if I do the front page in another
>>file, then I have page #1 twice, which isn't too good.
>>
>>Another issue that frustates me is copy+pasting text into LyX. My
>>intention was to insert C code in (using LaTeX "verbatim" command) but
>>when I tried to simply copy the code from the editor (KDE embedded
>>editor "Advanced Editor"), the text had no spacing, which makes the code
>>unreadable. Any help about this will be appreciated. (maybe there's an
>>easier way to insert the \begin{verbatim} thru lyx which might not
>>"care" about spacing? Maybe a copy+paste help?)
>>                                                            Thanks.

My way (general): Insert->input a tex file which has got it's own
\begin{verbatim}
\end{verbatim}
environment...

My way, particuler for code (C, C++, Matlab, Fortran,...):
use lgrind which provides tex files to be inputted,
e.g. foo.c.tex from foo.c
then (in ERT) \lgrindfile{foo.c.tex}
Wrinting a Lyx style in a layout (to avoid ERT) is a matter of minutes,
but I didn't do it.

Of course, you need tom import lgrind from CTAN and put
\usepackage{lgrind}
with proper options in the preamble.

There are other ways to import code, but I'm satisfied with this.
BTW, lgring produces also standalone tex file for code prettyprinting.

--
Jean-Pierre