Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Someone has posted one solution.  There is another work-around that
> I think I found on the lyx "tips and tricks" pages.
>
> 1. Open the main.lyx file.
> 2. Open the citation pop-up (i.e. pretend you are going to insert
>    a citation, but don't click "close" or "OK")
> 3. Open the chapter1.lyx.
>
> Now you can insert citations using the bibliography from main.
>
> It would be nice if whatever step #2 is doing got done automatically
> upon loading main.lyx...

While we're on this subject, I thought I'd drop a suggestion for future
versions of LyX. It's also related to multipart documents. Currently,
when adding a cross reference to a section that is in another file you
have to use ERT "\vref{sec:whatever}". Along with checking for
bibliographies as mentioned above, it would be nice to check for labels
as well.

I know it's not simple, as that would imply reading (if not opening) all
the lyx files in the document. But I thought adding it to the end of the
wish list would do no harm.

Roberto