On Sat 2002-02-23, Brian Flangsmythe wrote:
> I am trying to install XForms in order to compile LyX. I am working in a
> linux system but I don't have root acces, so I want to install it in my home
> directory, so this is what I tried:

I do have root access, but I am usually suspicious, so what I did,
IIRC, is to untar the tar file, and manually copy forms.h to
/usr/local/include and libforms.a to /usr/local/lib (I didn't even
copy the shared library, to keep it simple)

> ** Cannot find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms library
> is correctly installed on your system.

So the question is how to tell configure where to find forms.h and
libform.a.

hmm.. I tried (lyx) ./configure --help and found these options:
--with-extra-lib and --with-extra-inc. I think I use those two it
should work.