On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:50:11 +0100 wrote Niklas Werner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> After hacking loads of ERT into LyX (psfrag...)...
>
> -> Are there any plans to let LyX behave better in ERT-Mode? ie not
> insert \par or \centering (or whatever my paragraph may be), but have an:
> \begin{ERT}
> do nothing except the ERT
> \end{ERT}
> (I suppose the 1.20cvs ERT-inset is supposed to behave like this, though
> I haven't had the time to check it thoroughly)

Do you that besides the "inline-ERT" (toggled with ^L) there is also a LaTeX
paragraph style (to be found in the List on the toolbar, also (if I am
right) M-p x)

Furthermore, the ERT-inset is available also on LyX 1.1.6:

the ert-insert command produces an ERT-box you can use for ERT you want to hide:

Press ESC-x (or Alt-x on many implementations) to go to the Status-line and
write ert-insert (!!Attention: ert-insert != ert-inset !!).

> -> furthermore is it remotely possible to have the ERT
> syntax-highlighted, or at least having the corresponding brackets and
> braces shown? (Maybe use vim's latex.vim-file?)

What I was thinking about is a LyX support for psfrag:

Is there a way to write a paragraph style for a LaTeX command with 2
arguments? (How is this done for Description??)

(otherwise, this is a strong feature request: have Styles with additional
arguments. This would also enrich the usability of LyX for commands and
environments with optional arguments.)

just now, a psfraq Style would only let you replace the command

  \psfrag{fx}{$f_{x_2}$}

with

  fx}{$f_{x_2}$

in the psfrag Style and with the }{ in ERT :-( This is why I did not write
that style yet.

Guenter

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]