On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:54:25 -0500 wrote Nirmal Govind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a couple of \input{my_file} statements in my file. However, when I
> change the contents of my_file and then do an Update->DVI or an Update->PS
> in LyX, the changes I made to my_file aren't reflected. I have to then
> remove the \input statement and do an Update-DVI (basically re-run Latex),
> then have to insert the \input again and do an Update again and now the
> changes in my_file are made in the DVI and PS files. Anyone know what's
> going wrong?

I suppose, LyX just doesnot realize/test for changes in included/input parts
(the same holds for graphics: if you just change an *.eps file but leave the
main LyX file untouched, Update-DVI will do nothing.

What happens if you do some change to the LyX-file (other than removing the
\input, e.g. inserting a comment)? Will the changes in the inputted file go
to the DVI?

GM

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]