On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Bas Spitters wrote:

> For an environment I would use:
> \newenvironment{myremark}{\begin{remark}}{\qed\end{remark}}
[...]
> Second, I want lyx to use myremark instead of remark, when I select remark in
> lyx
> What should I do to make lyx do this?

Make a copy of the layout file you are using (eg. report.layout) in
your ~/.lyx/layouts/ directory and edit that to modify the remark
environment.

You'll probably just end up writing something like the below since you
just need to alter part of an existing definition that is included
from some other file:

Style Remark
        Preamble
                \newenvironment{myremark}{\begin{remark}}{\qed\end{remark}}
        EndPreamble
        LaTeXName       myremark
End

See Help->Customization for the correct syntax for layout files.

Allan. (ARRae)