On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 02:48:12PM +0200, Joeri Verbiest wrote:
> Tuukka,
>
> Via Latex it works now (very fast). Thanks for the tip.
>
> Joeri
>
> > Try exporting your document as "latex" and then running latex manually. It
> > should display messages what it is doing. Or start lyx from xterm or other
> > text window, I think also that displays latex messages on screen.

One of two things is happening:

1) There is some problem with LyX and the LaTeX run was hanging (unlikely).

2) It was generating fonts. This only happens for the first time. Subsequent
   runs are much much faster.

Try it again from inside LyX and tell us the result. If it is fast from
within LyX, then it was just generating fonts. If it is still slow
from inside LyX, then there is some other problem.

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)