A stumble in upgrading to Lyx 1.2.0:

Figures are not rendered within LyX.  Instead, I merely get a message
"Error converting to loadable format".

Runnign 'lyx -dbg graphics' and then opening the LyX User's Guide and then
scrolling to the section on figures yields:

Attempting to convert image file: /usr/share/lyx/doc/mobius.eps
with recognised extension: eps.
Scanstring: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Recognised Fileformat: eps
Scanstring: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Recognised Fileformat: eps
The file contains eps format data.
update:: no BoundingBox
Scanstring: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Recognised Fileformat: eps
Scanstring: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Recognised Fileformat: eps
Scanstring: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Recognised Fileformat: eps
Attempting to convert image file: /usr/share/lyx/doc/escher-lsd.eps
with recognised extension: eps.
Scanstring: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Recognised Fileformat: eps
Scanstring: %!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
Recognised Fileformat: eps
The file contains eps format data.

I'm running RH 7.2, ImageMagik 5.3.8, and xforms 0.88.1-1

I'll echo Rudolph Pienaar that the "Fullscreen preview" button on the
figure popup is a feature from v. 1.1 that I will miss in 1.2.

Thanks,

Matt

(I apologize for not continuing the thread "images in pre-1.2.0 LyX
docs" which begins to address this problem.  I'm new to the user list and
couldn't figure out how to perpetuate a thread to a message I hadn't
received.)

 Environmental Fluid Mechanics Lab - Suite 524K
 Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering
 Stanford University                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Stanford, CA 94305-4020                      ph#: 650/725.5948