Hello all,

I am a german, and I want to write a german document containing greek text
portions. So far I can do this using babel, the language settings in lyx
(assigning "greek" to those text pieces) and utilizing a special
transliteration for writing greek text (e.g. the latin-1 word "logos" for the
greek word logos). This does work!

What I want to do now: I would like to insert greek text from a third
application via clipboard. This text comes in Unicode (not in transliterated)
and renders well using fonts like Code2000 in KDE 3. I changed the screen
font to Code2000 and the screen font encoding to "iso10646-1", which should
work with greek text. Also, elatex should be able to process it, no?

Now: Whenever I try to select greek text and paste it in Lyx all I see is
?????? marks, no matter what the language of the current paragraph is.

Did I explain the problem well? Is it my mistake? What do I need to change /
configure in order to get this to work?
Any help would be highly appreciated!

Martin Gruner