I tried to use the new Lyx 1.2.0 and ran into the following:
by trying to view the file as dvi, there were errors. Since
the error message was not localizable, I exported as tex file
and ran latex. I got a hint for which word to look in order
to localize the error and tried to find the place in the lyx
file using find and replace, search backward. The document
(its a long one) was in a long lasting action checked and I
killed the action. I got the following error:

searching backward not implemented in mathed

what does it mean?

I have also difficulties with scaling a figure. Clicking on the
figure I get the figure configuration where it says in red:
attention! invalid length

I used to use \caption [short caption]{long caption}

can this still be used or has this been changed?

Thanks for help

Wolfgang