I built and installed Lyx-1.2 (linux) on my Mandrake 8.2 system.  All is fine
except for one thing, in the math panel, there are 4 buttons that are
blank/don't display any symbol/icon to indicate what it "contains".  The
affected buttons include top row second button, top row third button, second
row first button, third row second and third buttons. The others are OK.  If
I select any of the blank buttons, the symbols contained display OK so it is
only affecting the math panel buttons themselves.

How might I go about fixing this?

praedor