I saw that in lyx 1.2.0 there was some support for the natbib package.

In the next version if someone would like to include other packages like
jurabib, it would be really really cool.

This problem is really important for europeen users because not everyone uses
US conventions for bibliographic style (to use [1] and the bibliography at
the end).

For a lot of persons specially in litterature or law fields we HAVE to put
each time the correct bibliographic reference on a foot note (that means each
time I quote someone I have to write : "author(s), book title, editor,
page..." on a foot note ... and it's really boring without an automatic
process).

Maybe Lyx would be used in other fields (history, geographics, litterature,
law...) if it supported such conventions.

the jurabib package seems cool (all of those features included) if it
worked...

I have a few friends interested in Lyx for their thesis, but because of this
US bibliographic style, it's not usable (and they are not technically
competent enough to hack the code).

By,
Jade