>>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:51:24 -0400
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>From: Kevin Middleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Removing CONTENTS header from ToC pages (LoF also)
>>

>>This may be more of a LaTeX question, but here goes.  I have been using the
>>following in my preamble to set page numbers on non-first page of chapters
>>in the upper right hand corner of the page, rather than centered in the
>>bottom.  This works very well.
>>
>>%%% Set up page number headings
>>\newcommand{\ps@pnum}{
>>     \renewcommand{\@oddhead}{\hfil{\thepage}}
>>     \renewcommand{\@evenhead}{\@oddhead}
>>     \renewcommand{\@oddfoot}{}
>>     \renewcommand{\@evenfoot}{}
>>     }
>>%%% End of heading definition
>>
>>However, when I use the standard LyX Table of Contents and List of Figure
>>commands, the headers CONTENTS and LIST OF FIGURES appear.  I would like to
>>remove these headers (I have to conform to my university's thesis
>>preparation guidelines).

I have this working here too change force running headers:

\renewcommand\tableofcontents{%
    \if@twocolumn
      \@restonecoltrue\onecolumn
    \else
      \@restonecolfalse
    \fi
    \chapter*{\contentsname
        \@mkboth{%
           \textsc{\contentsname}}{\textsc{\contentsname}}}%
    \@starttoc{toc}%
    \if@restonecol\twocolumn\fi
    }

\renewcommand\listoffigures{%
    \if@twocolumn
      \@restonecoltrue\onecolumn
    \else
      \@restonecolfalse
    \fi
    \chapter*{\listfigurename
\addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\protect\numberline{}\listfigurename}%
      \@mkboth{\textsc{\listfigurename}}%
              {\textsc{\listfigurename}}}%
    \@starttoc{lof}%
    \if@restonecol\twocolumn\fi
    }

To get empty headers. you may replace the {\textsc{\contentsname}}
and {\textsc{\listfigurename}} by {}.

--
Jean-Pierre