Hello,

Thanks for your quick response.

I don't need Lyx-1.1.6fix4 any more at the moment, so the problem is not
urgent any more. However out of curiousity and in case I'll need it
again sometime. here are some questions:

 > Did you set some key mappings in prefs?

1) in my .lyx-1.1.6fix4 there is no preferences file. So I'm assuming
this isn't the problem.

 > information, this happens when lyx tries to load some character set
 > files. Is it possible that one of these files is corrupted?

2) Where do I find these character set files. are these the fonts I see
with gfontsel (one of those, courier elot, is causing me problems).

3) Could there be a mixup between the 1.2 version and the 1.1.6fix4
version I have. (I used: ./configure --with-version-suffix=-1.1.6fix4,
to install the 1.1.6fix4 version)

4) When I run Lyx for the first time it works but not on a second time
(without deleting the .lyx-1.1.6fix4 directory). Can the possible
problems you suggested cause such a behavior?

Thanks again,

As I said this is no longer urgent,

Amir.