I don't suppose this is feasible, but is there any command for LyX or
LaTeX that will alter the depth of all section headings; e.g., change
Chapter to Section, Section to Subsection etc. (or vice versa)?  Often I
start writing a document in one class and want to change it to another,
or need to produce two alternative versions of a document (e.g. a
compact version using Article(AMS) and a deluxe executive version using
Report(komascript) - it's no problem if the two classes have the same
depth of headings, but when one supports Chapter and the other doesn't,
it requires a lot of fiddling.

Robin

--
"Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans.
It's lovely to be silly at the right moment" - Horace

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara 06533