On 9/27/2002 2:01 PM, Herbert Voss wrote:
> LyX builds an dependency file, which holds all files which
> are part of a LaTeX run. LyX stops running when no one
> of these files changes. The list is build with the help of
> the logfile.
>
> Herbert

Well, Herbert, I'm glad you read this thread and now we seem to have
tracked down the problem of running LaTeX too many times. Maybe the
discussion now becomes OT on the news:comp.text.tex NG and we should
move on the lyx-user list, therefore I'm posting a copy to that list, too.
However, I looked now in the jobname.tex.dep file LyX generates, and of
course, the ASCII file ("jobname.runcount") in which the run count is
written out on every run is listed there, so I'm almost sure that's why
LyX keeps running LaTeX actually 3 more unnecessary times.
I don't know, there might be reasons why LyX has to behave that way, but
in this case, where I'm using that file only to keep track of the run
count for the LaTeX run itself (it has to apply 2up stuff only on the
last run, otherwise TOC has "wrong" page numbers), it would be useful if
one could somehow tell LyX to ignore a particular file from the
dependencies point of view. Is this already achievable, by LyX means, or
even on lower level?

Lucian