> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 04:29:09PM +0200, Ragnar Beer wrote:
> > > Instead of putting \AddToShipoutPicture{..} in the preamble,
> > > use \AddToShipoutPicture*{..} in the desired page.
> >
> > Cool, thanks a lot! The only disadvantage is that now the image is not
> > in place anymore. Is there a way to position the image relative to the
> > upper left corner or so?
>
> In the preamble:
>
> \newcommand\BackgroundPicture[3]{%
>   \setlength{\unitlength}{1pt}%
>   \put(0,\strip@pt\paperheight){%
>   \parbox[t]{\paperwidth}{%
>     \vspace*{#2}\hspace*{#3}%
>     \includegraphics{#1}
> }}}
>
> In the text
> \AddToShipoutPicture*{\BackgroundPicture{foo.eps}{1in}{2in}} will put
> the picture 1 inch from the top, and 2 inch from the left edge of the
> paper.

After a lot of trial and error the problem seems to be _where_ in the text
I put the \AddToShipoutPicture*. If I e.g. put it in the opening of my
koma-script letter the picture gets placed relative to the position of the
opening instead of relative to the upper left corner of the page. But
since the opening seems to be always at the same position this is not a
real problem.

Thanks for all your help,

Ragnar