On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 05:39:30PM +0200, Herbert Voss wrote:
> I do not agree! You have most of the amsstuff in lib/symbols, f.ex.
> hexagon            wasy          55  0 x        x

Nevertheless it breaks if a user does not want AMS but uses a "hexagon"
macro of his own. In this case LyX decides to use AMS and the user has no
way to switch it off.

Actually I really have better things to do than to have this argument
again. Nothing - really NOTHING as far as I am concerned - is going to
change in this area until 1.3 is out. So if anybody want to have a
discussion again please talk to /dev/null or tell me to unsubscribe (again)
from the list.

> it is no problem to add another (optional) column
> where you define a package to which the symbol or
> command depends. It is not only amsmath which is
> irritating to new users, wasysym f.ex. too.

Yes, that would be a good idea if we want to stick to the guessing
mechanism.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)