----- Original Message -----
From: "Takashi Soma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lars Gullik Bjønnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: libXpm causing problems?

> > | IDL is a programming environment marketed by Research Systems Inc.
> > | (www.researchsystems.com).  Cygwin Lyx 1.2 accepts EPS file from IDL
but
> > | Linux Lyx 1.2 gives "Xpm pixmap" error for the same EPS file.  Why?
> Help
> > | me!
> >
> > We then need a eps file from IDL, and perhaps also a xpm generated
> > from it. Without this it is pretty much impossible...
> >
> > --
> > Lgb
> >

> Here are a sample EPS file from IDL and LyX error message.  I don't know
how
> to save the xpm file.  Thank you in advance.
>
> T. Soma

The above message was sent to Lgb but I think I have not yet heard anything.
T. Soma

[soma@localhost idl.d]$ lyx -dbg 2097152
Setting debug level to 2097152
Debugging `graphics' (Graphics conversion and loading)
update:: no BoundingBox
[FormGraphics]out_name: testeps.eps
update:: no BoundingBox
        eps detected -> test for an epsi ...
Recognised Fileformat: eps
        eps detected -> test for an epsi ...
Recognised Fileformat: eps
        eps detected -> test for an epsi ...
Recognised Fileformat: eps
Attempting to convert image file: ~/paper.d/idl.d/testeps.eps
with recognised extension: eps.
        eps detected -> test for an epsi ...
Recognised Fileformat: eps
        eps detected -> test for an epsi ...
Recognised Fileformat: eps

        The file contains eps format data.
Converting it to xpm format.
Conversion script:

#!/bin/sh
infile='/home/soma/paper.d/idl.d/testeps.eps'
infile_base='/home/soma/paper.d/idl.d/testeps'
outfile='/tmp/lyx_tmpdir1229liUu3C/gconvert01229GStvrY.xpm'

convert EPS:${infile} XPM:${outfile}

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        'rm' -f ${outfile}
        exit 1
fi

if [ ! -f ${outfile} ]; then
        if [ -f ${outfile}.0 ]; then
                'mv' -f ${outfile}.0 ${outfile}
                'rm' -f ${outfile}.?
        else
                exit 1
        fi
fi

fromfile=${outfile}
tofile='/tmp/lyx_tmpdir1229liUu3C/testeps12293fQuKi.xpm'

'mv' -f ${fromfile} ${tofile}
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        'cp' -f ${fromfile} ${tofile}
        if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
                exit 1
        fi
        'rm' -f ${fromfile}
fi

Image conversion succeeded.
Image loading succeeded.
Error creating pixmap from xpm_image 'XpmColorFailed'