On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:02:26PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> My questions are:
>
> Should I look at creating a LaTeX document class for this, or can
> these needs be met within lyx layout and using ERT ?

LaTeX hidden in a document class and LaTeX put in ERT are functionally
equivalent. I guess just using ERT is simpler for one or two docs, creating
a .cls (possibly with a supplemental LyX .layout) is better for a larger
number of docs and certainly the cleaner solution. Moreover, it is
re-usable by people using "plain" LaTeX.

> Also, is there a way of having a macro to stuff in repetitive ERT as
> needed?

You can define macros in ERT as you would in LaTeX.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)